Friday 16 July 2010

iPhone 4 launch likely to be delayed.

     Well, it's not like the linked Gizmodo article is saying anything particularly revolutionary.  Especially after the delayed iPad launch I think most people would've been betting money on the iPhone being delayed as soon as Apple started getting the bad press for the antenna issues.

     I'll throw on my prognosticating hat while I'm here and say that I expect during the press event tomorrow the following will be announced:

  •  the iPhone launch to the rest of the world will be delayed by approximately 1 month.
  • Apple have made hardware changes to better insulate the antenna.  These changes will involve some sort of barely perceptible clear coating over the steel band, rather than a purely internal change as some sites have speculated. (I could go further and say that the coating on early units will begin peeling within 6 months, but that'd just be being mean.)
  • Apple will offer free bumpers to existing iPhone 4 customers, or the option of swapping their phones for one of the new insulated versions when they become available.

No comments: